In this Post i have explained the steps to disable IPv6 in Ubuntu(Debian based) Systems.
Follow the steps to disable IPv6 via ubuntu configuration file
- Open a terminal window.
- Type command sudo vi /etc/sysctl.conf
- Add the following at the end of the file:
- net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
- net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
- net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
- Save and close the file(:wq) .
- Reboot the machine.
To re-enable IPv6, remove the above lines from /etc/sysctl.conf and reboot the machine.
For List of Debian based Operating System go through the link.
For Disabling IPv6 in Fedora based Systems, fallow the steps in a link.
If this post was helpfull, Do like and share.